VIGILANT™ EL (Extended Longevity) ICD
Powered by EnduraLife™ Battery Technology
Models D232 and D233
Models D232 and D233
- EnduraLife™ Battery Technology provides more power to use more of the device, featuring projected longevity up to 17.5 years for VR devices and 16.0 years for DR devices.*
- This small (29.5 cc) and thin (9.9 mm) high-energy device is designed to enhance patient comfort.
- Heart Failure Sensor Suite provides multi-factorial, physiological, patient-specific data which can enable better informed decisions for treating HF patients.
- ImageReady™ MR-Conditional systems allow patients to receive full body MR-Conditional scans at 1.5T or 3T without exclusion zone, scan duration, or patient height restrictions**
*Assumes: 2.0V RA, 2.0V RV, 0% pacing, 700Ω, No LATITUDE, No Respiratory Rate Sensor, No Heart Failure Sensor Suite.
** When conditions of use are met.
(W x H x D)
(RA RV LV)
|D232||VR||5.37 x 7.36 x 0.99||68.9||29.5||RV: DF4|
|D233||DR||5.37 x 7.68 x 0.99||71.4||31.0||RA: IS-1; RV: DF4|
Pulse Generator Expectancy Estimation (Implant to Explant) with EnduraLife Battery (All Models)
EnduraLife Battery Technology provides clinically proven, industry-leading projected longevity1-10. The following tables represent sample pulse generator life expectancy estimation (implant to explant) with EnduraLife battery as provided in product labeling.
|Type||Pacing Amplitude||Pacing||500Ω with
|700Ω with LATITUDE™b||900Ω with LATITUDE™b||700Ω no LATITUDE™, RS, or HFSSc|
|Typical programmed setting||VR||2.5 V||15%||15.0||15.1||15.2||17.1|
|Maximum labeled longevity||VR||2.0 V / Off||0%||15.4||15.4||15.4||17.5|
|Typical programmed setting||DR||2.5 V||15%||13.6||13.7||13.8||15.4|
|Maximum labeled longevity||DR||2.0 V||0%||14.2||14.2||14.2||16.0|
- Assumes 70 PPM LRL; DDDR mode; 0.4 ms Pulse Width (RA, RV); sensors On, Heart Failure Sensor Suite On.
- Projected longevity is calculated assuming 2 maximum energy charging cycles per year, including automatic capacitor re-forms and therapeutic shocks. These calculations also assume 3-channel EGM Onset is on and that the pulse generator spends 3 months in Storage mode during shipping and storage.
a. Assumes ZIP telemetry use for 2 hours at implant and for 40 minutes annually for in-clinic follow-up checks.
b. Assumes standard use of the LATITUDE™ Communicator as follows: Daily Device Check on, quarterly scheduled remote follow ups, and other typical interrogations.
c. Assumes LATITUDE™ Communicator is not used, Respiratory Sensor is Off, and Heart Failure Sensor Suite is Off.
Additional Longevity Information
- Warranty information available at www.bostonscientific.com/warranty
- Devices use Li/MnO2 chemistry.
- The Usable Battery Capacity is 1.8 Amp-hours (typical implant to battery capacity depleted).
- Shelf life is 2 years (before use by).