Signs and Symptoms
How can I tell if I have bradycardia?
Typical symptoms are:
- Feeling tired all the time or only when you exercise.
- Shortness of breath. Even routine activities, like getting up from a chair or walking to the mailbox, may leave you short of breath.
- Dizziness or feeling light-headed.
- Fainting (syncope) happens when the brain temporarily doesn’t get enough blood.
- Babies may eat less than usual or act tired.
Often, the symptoms come on slowly. This causes many people to think they are just tired or simply getting older, and they might not realize that they are having a heart problem. If you have symptoms, you should call your doctor or nurse.