By combining a relentless dedication to developing less-invasive endoscopy technologies with a spirit of collaboration with healthcare professionals, we’re reducing the total cost of patient care and making a meaningful and lasting impact in patients’ lives.
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Improving Operational Efficiency. Growth in our Endoscopy business is supported by the launch of the next-generation SpyGlass™ DS Direct Visualization System. This single-use, single-operator digital cholangioscope enables physicians to see color images from inside the tiny biliary, hepatic and pancreatic ducts. When used with the SpyBite™ miniature forceps, physicians can take targeted biopsies of strictures to diagnose diseases such as cholangiocarcinoma or pancreatic cancer. When used with EHL or laser fibers, physicians can effectively and efficiently treat bile duct stones and gallstones.
New Treatment Alternatives. The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System offers a new endoscopic alternative to surgery for transgastric or transduodenal drainage of symptomatic pancreatic psuedocysts and certain types of walled-off necrosis* - two serious complications of pancreatitis. Endoscopic solutions may offer a less invasive treatment option associated with shorter hospital stays, better physical and mental health of patients, as well as lower costs.**
Conditions We Treat
Solutions We Offer
* The walled-off necrosis indication for the AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System is for PFCs containing less than 30 percent dead tissue.
** Varadarajulu et al, Equal Efficacy of Endoscopic and Surgical Cystogastrostomy for Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage in a Randomized Trial. Gastroenterology 2013; 145
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Asthma Facts: CDC’s National Asthma Control Program Grantees. http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/pdfs/asthma_facts_program_grantees.pdf Accessed March 17, 2016.
2. American Cancer Society. Key Statistics for Colorectal Cancer
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/colonandrectumcancer/detailedguide/colorectal-cancer-key-statistics. Accessed March 17, 2016.
3. National Cancer Institute. SEER Stat Fact Sheets: Pancreas Cancer. http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/pancreas.html. Accessed March 17, 2016.
4. American Cancer Society. Key Statistics on Liver Cancer. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/livercancer/detailedguide/liver-cancer-what-is-key-statistics. Accessed March 25, 2016.