Bioconvertible IVC Filter
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC filter is designed to bioconvert after the period of transient risk has passed.
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC Filter Mechanism of Action
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC Filter Deployment Animation
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC Filter in Filtering Configuration
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC Filter in Free-Flowing Configuration
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC Filter
The Sentry Bioconvertible Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter is designed to provide immediate protection against Pulmonary Embolism (PE) in patients at transient risk of PE, without requiring a second retrieval procedure.
One filter. One tool. One procedure.
Product Specifications & Sizes
- Cylindrical Nitinol frame designed to minimize migration, perforation, embolization, fracture, and tilt
- Self-expanding filter cone formed by 6 arms held centrally by a bioabsorbable filament2
- Self-centering filtering cone is designed to reduce the risk of tilting and thereby maximizes filtration capacity
- Designed to provide filtration during the period of transient risk (approximately 60 days)3 then bioconvert, allowing filter arms to retract to the IVC wall and restoring an open, unobstructed lumen1,4
- Bioconversion process allows for protection when you need it, and patency when you don’t 2
- Eliminates the requirement, cost, and risk associated with IVC filter retrieval
- Indicated for IVCs with average diameters between 16 mm and 28 mm
- Maximum deployed length is 57.7 mm
- Designed for access via left or right femoral vein, or right jugular vein, with one loading tool
- Delivered through a 7F ID introducer sheath
- MR conditional5
- Bioconvertible IVC filter
- Introducer sheath
- Loading tool
- The prospective multicenter SENTRY clinical trial demonstrated a high level of safety and effectiveness1
- ZERO OCCURENCE of device or procedure related symptomatic PE through 24 months while typical published rates range from 0.5 to 6%.1
- Sentry mitigates common complications of conventional filters, such as tilt, perforation, migration, fracture, and embolization.1
- Dake M D et al. Final two-year outcomes for the Sentry Bioconvertible Inferior Vena Cava Filter. Journ of Vasc & Int Rad. (2019) https://doi.org/10.1016/j. jvir.2019.08.036.
- Composed of Poly p-dioxanone (PPDO).
- Morales J. J Vasc Surg 2013; Venous Lymphat. Disord. 1, 376–384
- Dake, M D et al. The Clinical Rationale for the Sentry Bioconvertible Inferior Vena Cava Filter for the Prevention of Pulmonary Embolism. Int’l Journ of Vasc Med. May 26;2019:5795148
- See IFU for complete MR conditional information.