Direct Visualization System
An Expanding Suite of Compatible Accessories and Applications
- Approximately 10-15% of biliary stone cases are considered difficult and cannot be treated effectively using standard ERCP techniques.2
- Direct visualization stone clearance using EHL has been shown to be clinically effective with demonstrated procedural success, with single-session stone clearance rates of 74.5%1.
- The SpyGlass Retrieval Basket can be used to capture and remove residual biliary and pancreatic stones and stone fragments visualized with the SpyGlass DS System.
- Achieving single session stone clearance and reducing the need for a repeat procedure(s) may deliver greater patient satisfaction and decrease additional procedural costs.
- Performing biopsies under direct visualization using the SpyGlass DS System and SpyBite™ Biopsy Forceps (86% sensitivity)3 may enable faster, more accurate diagnosis of malignancies compared to brush cytology (45% sensitivity)4.
- NEW SpyBite Max Biopsy Forceps- a design enhancement to the legacy SpyBite Biopsy Forceps- have been shown to acquire more than 2X tissue in an average bite.5
- In a prospective study of 289 patients, diagnostic ERCP with cholangioscopy altered patient management in 85% of patients and had high procedural success and high accuracy in helping to diagnose indeterminate strictures.6
- The SpyGlass Retrieval Snare is designed to enable efficient capture and removal of foreign bodies in the biliary and pancreatic ducts, such as migrated plastic stents, during an ERCP procedure.