Clinical Data › IMPERIAL Trial
ELUVIA Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System
Presented at LINC 2020
Evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the Boston Scientific Corporation ELUVIA™ Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System for treating Superficial Femoral Artery (SFA) and/or Proximal Popliteal Artery (PPA) lesions up to 140 mm in length.
IMPERIAL Trial Design
Global multi-center, 2:1 randomization against Cook Medical’s Zilver™ PTX™ Stent, controlled, single-blind, non-inferiority trial; core lab adjudicated.
- 465 (RCT) patients across 64 sites
- 5-year follow-up
- Degree of stenosis ≥ 70% (visual angiographic assessment)
- Vessel diameter ≥ 4 and ≤ 6 mm
- Total lesion length ≥ 30 mm and ≤ 140 mm
|History of Smoking||86.1%||84.0%|
|Target Lesion Length (mm)||86.5±36.9||81.8±37.3|
|Extending into Distal SFA||66.3%||65.4%|
Eluvia demonstrated a statistically significant difference in primary patency and half the TLR rate vs. Zilver PTX at 12 months.
*Kaplan Meier Estimate; Primary patency as determined by duplex ultrasound (DUS) Peak Systolic Velocity Ratio (PSVR) is ≤ 2.4 at the 12-month follow-up visit, in the absence of clinically-driven TLR or bypass of the target lesion.
** Gray, WA TCT 2018.
† Log-rank p-value compares the entire K-M curves from time zero to full one year follow-up window.
1. IMPERIAL Trial: A global randomized controlled multi-center trial with 2:1 randomization of the Eluvia™ Drug-Eluting Stent against Cook Medical’s Zilver™ PTX™ Stent, single-blind, non-inferiority design; independent core lab adjudication. Superiority determined in a post hoc analysis that was specified prior to unblinding. 12-Month Primary Patency rate of 86.8% in the Eluvia arm vs. 77.5% in the Zilver PTX arm (p-value = 0.0144).
** Log-rank p-value compares the entire K-M curves from time zero to full one year follow-up window.
1. Intention to treat. Müller-Hülsbeck S, LINC 2019.
2. In IMPERIAL RCT, Eluvia K-M Primary Patency was 92.1% vs. 81.8% for Zilver PTX at 12 months.
3. Golzaar, J. et al, Journal of Endovascular Therapy, Jan 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/1526602820901723
4. In IMPERIAL Diabetic Subgroup, Eluvia K-M Primary Patency was 95.2% vs. 81.5% for Zilver PTX at 12 months. Diabetes = medically-treated diabetic patients.
5. PSVR < 2.0.
6. Moderate and severely calcified.
Stay Up to Date
Receive emails about the latest drug-eluting technology news, innovations and events in your area.
Explore DE Resources
Get physician perspectives, clinical data sheets and other resources about drug-eluting innovations.