Boston Scientific provides a series of educational programs for physicians in the use of Spinal Cord Stimulation technology.
Visit the SCS Learning Institute website to explore courses, access on-demand educational resources, or submit a training request.
The following physician courses are offered by the SCS Learning Institute:
Didactic programs on a variety of topics related to SCS therapy and BSN's SCS technology.
- In depth presentation and discussion on SCS technology, focusing on fundamental differences between systems
- Study of available clinical data and its implication on device selection
- Case studies pertaining to clinical outcomes
- Optional topics include procedural best practice and avoiding complications
Program Availability: Any day of week, up to 3 hours
Observational preceptorships include both didactic and observational components in a peer-to-peer setting.
- Didactic emphasis on SCS technology differences, clinical experience of educator with Precision Spectra™, case studies, mitigating complications
- Practical observation of office protocol, including patient selection and management
- Observation of live Precision Spectra cases
SCS Practical Workshop
A one-day anatomical workshop with didactic and hands-on cadaveric training. Attendees will have the opportunity to spend the day with experienced Faculty learning the basics of SCS therapy and applying this education in the lab.
- Indications / Patient Selection
- Procedural Overview
- Technology Overview
- Anatomy / Fluoroscopy
- Needle Placement
- Lead Driving
- Pocket / Tunneling
- Suturing/Wound Care
- Avoiding Complications
This program is designed to facilitate on label discussions on advanced topics related to SCS and BSN’s product portfolio between faculty and attendees. The program consists of a series of small group breakouts during which didactic presentations are accompanied by patient case studies. The program is designed for experienced SCS implanters.
Program Availability: Saturdays
Valencia Education Visit (VEV)
Program held at BSN Headquarters where attendees meet with senior leaders, tour the manufacturing plant and discuss technology, product portfolio, health economics, and clinical research.
Program Availability: Fridays
An opportunity for a physician to discuss specific questions related to scheduled SCS cases, including questions regarding surgical techniques, lead placement, and successful patient outcomes.
Program Availability: Any day of week, for up to one hour.