Heart Failure Heart Rate Variability Registry (HF-HRV)
Status: Completed in 2005
HF-HRV assessed the relationships among Heart Rate Variability (HRV) measures and NYHA class, physical activity, and quality of life.
- Patients with lower HRV values had the highest mortality rate compared with patients with higher HRV values.
- Patients with low baseline HRV and small changes in HRV during the follow-up period were at the highest mortality rate.
- 7% mortality for SDANN and 8.9% for HRV footprint
- Patients with high baseline HRV and large changes in HRV were at the lowest mortality rate.
- 1.5% mortality for SDANN and 2.4% for HRV footprint
- 1421 patients completed device implant
- Male and female patients
- Over 18 years of age
- Disease state at the time of enrollment met indications for CRT-D therapy
- 129 sites across the United States
- HF-HRV assessed the relationships among HRV measures and NYHA Class, physical activity, and quality of life
- Continuously measured device HRV parameters may provide prognostic information about patient mortality that could be helpful for risk stratification