We may support professional education by providing funding for a limited number of medical fellowship positions at qualified academic or training institutions. Most qualifying fellowships are accredited training programs for post-graduate advanced specialties supported by national medical societies that make fellowship grants to academic medical institutions or directly by academic medical institutions. The fellowship programs generally lead to board certification in a medical specialty. Grants are provided only to support salary and benefits for fellowship programs.
Please note: The following businesses have special deadlines for all Fellowship applications each year:
- Rhythm and Electrophysiology (EP), includes Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) – March 1
- Urology – October 16
- Endoscopy (ENDO) – March 15 and October 15
- Interventional Cardiology (IC) and Peripheral Interventions (PI) - For this academic year IC and PI are accepting only applications for advanced fellowships where fellows extend their training by one year to support in-depth training on Complex PCI, Structural Heart and/or Peripheral Intervention. All applications are due by March 1st and reviewed annually. Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to access the advanced fellowship application or for more details.
Please email the specific division Grant Coordinators if you have any questions about your submission and/or would like to know how to submit your request
- Endoscopy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interventional Cardiology: email@example.com
- Neuromodulation: BSN.Grants@bsci.com
- Peripheral Interventions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rhythm Management (CRM): email@example.com
- Urology: firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive many worthwhile requests. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we are unable to fund them all. It is important to note that past funding does not guarantee future approval and that submissions can be approved at an amount less than the requested amount. Do not assume that a request has been approved. Requestors will receive an email notification of approval or denial after the Boston Scientific committee has made its decisions.
Read additional details about the U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act ›
- A completed Boston Scientific Fellowship Grant Application using our online tool
- A comprehensive fellowship program description, including hospital overview, faculty and curriculum focus, clinical schedule and research components, etc.
- A letter of request on your institution's letterhead and signed by the director of the fellowship program
- An itemized budget for the program’s expenses and amount of support requested from Boston Scientific
- Completed W-9 form (W-9 forms can be found on the IRS website.)
These documents can be uploaded into the online tool.
If your fellowship application is approved, you must provide mid-year and year-end reports to Boston Scientific, which may be emailed to the specific business grant coordinator, available at Business Information and Deadlines.
Please note: We cannot review incomplete applications. A Boston Scientific employee may contact you with questions or if any information is missing.