We may support professional education by providing funding for a limited number of medical fellowship positions at qualified academic or training institutions. Most qualifying fellowships are accredited training programs for post-graduate advanced specialties supported by national medical societies that make fellowship grants to academic medical institutions or directly by academic medical institutions. The fellowship programs generally lead to board certification in a medical specialty. Grants are provided only to support salary and benefits for fellowship programs.
Programs involving research projects are also eligible for submission, and applicants are encouraged to describe any research components of the fellowship program.
Please note: The following businesses have special deadlines for all Fellowship applications each year:
- Rhythm and Electrophysiology (EP), includes Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) – March 1
- Urology and Women’s Health – October 25
- Endoscopy (ENDO) – March 15 and October 15
- Interventional Cardiology (IC) and Peripheral Interventions (PI) are not accepting fellowship applications for this academic year.
We receive many worthwhile requests. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we are unable to fund them all. It is important to note that past funding does not guarantee future approval and that submissions can be approved at an amount less than the requested amount. Do not assume that a request has been approved. Requestors will receive an email notification of approval or denial after the Boston Scientific committee has made its decisions.
Read additional details about the U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act ›
- A completed Boston Scientific Fellowship Grant Application using our online tool
- A comprehensive fellowship program description, including hospital overview, faculty and curriculum focus, clinical schedule and research components, etc.
- A letter of request on your institution's letterhead and signed by the director of the fellowship program
- An itemized budget for the program’s expenses and amount of support requested from Boston Scientific
- Completed W-9 form (W-9 forms can be found on the IRS website.)
These documents can be uploaded into the online tool.
If your fellowship application is approved, you must provide mid-year and year-end reports to Boston Scientific, which may be emailed to the specific business grant coordinator, available at Business Information and Deadlines.
Please note: We cannot review incomplete applications. A Boston Scientific employee may contact you with questions or if any information is missing.