Charitable Donations to U.S. HCPs and National Associations
We may provide charitable donations of financial support or equipment to U.S. Health Care Providers (HCPs) and National Associations to support bona fide charitable efforts.
For the purpose of charitable donation requests, we provide support to Health Care Providers and National Associations that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service recognizes as tax exempt. We support National Associations that operate at a national or international level with a focus on specific health care or medical issues. Examples include the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Sudden Cardiac Death Foundation and Society, and Heart Rhythm Society.
Bona Fide Charitable Efforts
A request can only be submitted by the charitable entity to which the charitable donation will be made, if granted. Donation requests must be in support of bona fide charitable efforts, such as:
- Charitable fundraisers
- Public health education awareness
- General community health research
- Charitable sponsorships
- Indigent care
The request must be made directly by the charitable entity and the requesting charity must be soliciting contributions from the community broadly. Preference is given to communities where Boston Scientific has a significant employee presence.
Application Submission and Instructions
Each application must be complete and received by Boston Scientific in a timely manner, at least six weeks prior to a scheduled event to be considered at the next grant committee meeting.
We receive many worthwhile requests. Unfortunately, due to budget limitations, we are unable to fund them all. It is important to note that past funding does not guarantee future approval and that submissions can be approved at an amount less than the requested amount. Do not assume that a request has been approved. Requestors will receive an email notification of approval or denial after the Boston Scientific committee has made its decisions.
Read additional details about the U.S. Physician Payment Sunshine Act ›
Charitable Donation Request Requirements
- A completed Charitable Donations Application using our online tool
- If you are an IRS tax-exempt entity, documentation of your organization's valid tax-exempt status (e.g., the IRS determination letter)
- Budget – Itemized Budget for entire program
- A list of all available sponsorship levels and corresponding funding benefits
- A list of board members, including their affiliations
- A copy of the event brochure or invitation
- Completed W-9 form (W-9 forms can be found on the IRS website.)
These documents can be uploaded into the online tool.
Please note: We cannot review incomplete applications. A Boston Scientific employee may contact you with questions or if any information is missing.