Our Cork facility manufactures a diversified portfolio of medical devices for distribution across the globe. The Medical Devices we produce in Cork positively impact 6 lives per minute. The product portfolio includes active and access catheters, occlusion coils and microspheres, inflation devices and atherectomy devices.
The Cork site vision is “To be the Highest Performing Global Medical Solution Provider” by focusing on patient care. Our Quality policy is “I Improve the Quality of Patient Care and all things Boston Scientific” and every employee takes ownership for quality and understands how his or her performance directly impacts patient care.
Our Cork location is an ISO 14001-certified site.
As a world leader in the medical device industry we are continuously striving to improve the quality of patient care and as a result our products are constantly evolving. We are actively looking for people with enthusiasm and energy who want to work at the forefront of the medical device industry.
- We are located 10 minutes from Cork City, in a Business and Technology Park across a site of 30 acres with a 195,000 square foot facility.
- The site has an annual output of 5.5 million units and works a two-shift operation over a five-day week.
- The Cork facility is a “zero landfill” site. We segregate waste for recycling, and send the balance of the waste to a facility for energy generation.
- You will get the opportunity to expand your technical ability in a progressive and innovative working environment.
- The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence 2016 - Only 2 companies globally received this recognition.
- Irish Graduates named Boston Scientific as one of the Top 10 Graduate Employers in 2016 in the Grad Ireland Awards.
- Accredited Employer Status awarded by Engineers Ireland.
- In 2016, more than €40,000 was raised for Helpful Steps, an organisation that provides state-of-the-art rehabilitation devices and training for wheelchair users. In 2015, more than €40,000 was raised for Pieta House, the centre for the prevention of self-harm or suicide.
- Since 2003, the Cork site has raised over €500,000 for local charities.
- Our CSR also includes programs such as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Junior Achievement, a Scholarship program and Employee Well-Being.
We recognize that good health, financial wellness and security are all critical to a productive workforce and support an ongoing culture of health. Our benefit plans are built to enable high performing talent, support a work/life balance, promote wellbeing, and create an inclusive work environment based on unique cultures.
- Healthcare coverage for employees and their families
- Long term disability/income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Free parking
- Onsite gym
Sports and Social Club that arranges fun events all year round including:
- ‘Family Fun’ Days
- Couch to 5k
- Sport Days
- Themed Annual Events
- Christmas Parties