Dorado, Puerto RicoDriving Directions
Our Dorado manufacturing facility produces drug-eluting collars, drug-eluting stents and the leads that treat cardiac arrhythmias and heart failure. The facility, originally founded in 1989 as an affiliate of the medical devices division of Eli Lilly, was certified ISO 9002 in 1993 and ISO 14001 in 2008.
The Dorado campus has 182,000 square feet of facilities on more than 23 acres.
- One of The Best 20 Employers in Puerto Rico on three occasions.
- One of the top 10 manufacturing plants in North America by the "Industry Week" Magazine in 2004.
- In 2003, the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association named Boston Scientific the Manufacturer of the Year. This recognition is awarded to companies that have significantly contributed to the economy through job creation, helping their communities, demonstrating a solid commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and a history of innovation.
Dorado employees volunteer at community organizations, including:
- United Way
- American Red Cross
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Puerto Rico League Cancer Association
- Luis Muñoz Rivera public school
- La Nueva Aurora elderly home
- Clean-ups of Dorado-area beaches and rivers
- Samaritan Purse
- Community Initiative for the Homeless
We recognize that good health, financial wellness and security are all critical to a productive workforce and support an ongoing culture of health. Our benefit plans are built to enable high performing talent, support a work/life balance, promote wellbeing, and create an inclusive work environment based on unique cultures.