EkoSonic™ Endovascular System
The Ekos Endovascular System offers a safe and effective treatment to dissolve thrombus in the body's vascular system. With Level 1, Long-Term, and Quality of Life data, Ekos is the most studied device in the space.
Ekos uses targeted ultrasonic waves in combination with clot-dissolving drugs in the treatment of PE, DVT and PAO. Clinical evidence shows the therapy's ability to effectively target an entire clot without an increase in bleeding complications.
Ekos has been shown to yield safe and effective results for acute, massive (high risk) and submassive (intermediate risk) PE.
- Reduces RV/LV ratio by more than 23% on average in as little as 2 hours8
- Reduces PA pressures by 28% (at 48 hours)5
- 76% less thrombolytic drug dosage than standard treatment5
- Minimized risk of bleeding1
|ULTIMA||23% (24 hours)|
|SEATTLE II||25% (48 hours)|
|OPTALYSE||23-26% (48 hours)|
Ekos has been shown to have a low risk of bleeding and ICH. [FOOTNOTES NEEDED]
- Low major bleeding rate across studies
- Less than a 1% risk of ICH, two studies with 0 instances of ICH
- 76% less thrombolytic drug dosage than standard treatment
|ULTIMA||0% (Major Bleed) | 0 (ICH)||20mg|
|SEATTLE II||10% (Major Bleed) | 0 (ICH)||24mg|
|OPTALYSE||3% (Major Bleed) | 1 (ICH)||4-8mg/12-24mg|