Bioconvertible IVC Filter
Sentry Bioconvertible IVC filter designed to bioconvert after the period of transient risk has passed.
Sentry IVC Filter in Filtering Configuration
Sentry IVC Filter in Free-Flowing Configuration
The Sentry Bioconvertible Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter is designed to provide immediate protection against Pulmonary Embolism (PE) in patients at transient risk of PE, without requiring a second retrieval procedure.
One filter. One tool. One procedure.
Product Specifications & Sizes
- Cylindrical Nitinol frame designed to minimize migration, perforation, embolization, fracture, and tilt
- Self-expanding filter cone formed by 6 arms held centrally by a bioabsorbable filament2
- Self-centering filtering cone is designed to reduce the risk of tilting and thereby maximizes filtration capacity
- Designed to provide filtration during the period of transient risk (approximately 60 days)3 then bioconvert, allowing filter arms to retract to the IVC wall and restoring an open, unobstructed lumen1,4
- Bioconversion process allows for protection when you need it, and patency when you don’t 2
- Eliminates the requirement, cost, and risk associated with IVC filter retrieval
- Indicated for IVCs with average diameters between 16 mm and 28 mm
- Maximum deployed length is 57.7 mm
- Designed for access via left or right femoral vein, or right jugular vein, with one loading tool
- Delivered through a 7F ID introducer sheath
- MR conditional5
- Bioconvertible IVC filter
- Introducer sheath
- Loading tool
- The prospective multicenter SENTRY clinical trial demonstrated a high level of safety and effectiveness1
- ZERO OCCURENCE of device or procedure related symptomatic PE through 24 months while typical published rates range from 0.5 to 6%.1
- Sentry mitigates common complications of conventional filters, such as tilt, perforation, migration, fracture, and embolization.1