12-month results from IMPERIAL, the world's first head-to-head DES SFA Trial1
Presented at LINC 2020
*Kaplan Meier Estimate; Primary patency as determined by duplex ultrasound (DUS) Peak Systolic Velocity Ratio (PSVR) is ≤ 2.4 at the 12-month follow-up visit, in the absence of clinically-driven TLR or bypass of the target lesion.
** Gray, WA TCT 2018.
† Log-rank p-value compares the entire K-M curves from time zero to full one year follow-up window.
1. IMPERIAL Trial: A global randomized controlled multi-center trial with 2:1 randomization of the Eluvia™ Drug-Eluting Stent against Cook Medical’s Zilver™ PTX™ Stent, single-blind, non-inferiority design; independent core lab adjudication. Superiority determined in a post hoc analysis that was specified prior to unblinding. 12-Month Primary Patency rate of 86.8% in the Eluvia arm vs. 77.5% in the Zilver PTX arm (p-value = 0.0144).
** Log-rank p-value compares the entire K-M curves from time zero to full one year follow-up window.
1. Intention to treat. Müller-Hülsbeck S, LINC 2019.
2. In IMPERIAL RCT, Eluvia K-M Primary Patency was 92.1% vs. 81.8% for Zilver PTX at 12 months.
3. Golzar, J. et al, Journal of Endovascular Therapy, Jan 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/1526602820901723
4. In IMPERIAL Diabetic Subgroup, Eluvia K-M Primary Patency was 95.2% vs. 81.5% for Zilver PTX at 12 months. Diabetes = medically-treated diabetic patients.
5. PSVR < 2.0.
6. Moderate and severely calcified.
IMPERIAL Trial Overview
Evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the Boston Scientific Corporation ELUVIA™ Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System for treating Superficial Femoral Artery (SFA) and/or Proximal Popliteal Artery (PPA) lesions up to 140 mm in length.
IMPERIAL Trial Design
- 465 (RCT) patients across 64 sites
- 5-year follow-up
- Degree of stenosis ≥ 70% (visual angiographic assessment)
- Vessel diameter ≥ 4 mm and ≤ 6 mm
- Total lesion length ≥ 30 mm and ≤ 140 mm
Stay Up to Date
Receive emails about the latest drug-eluting technology news, innovations and events in your area.
Explore DE Resources
Get physician perspectives, clinical data sheets and other resources about drug-eluting innovations.
CAUTION: The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings and instructions for use can be found in the product labeling supplied with each device. Information for the use only in countries with applicable health authority product registrations. Information not intended for use or distribution in France.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.