The spread of COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges upon our community and the many healthcare providers who are caring for patients. At Boston Scientific, our priority is to protect and aid the health and safety of our employees, our customers and their patients.
This is a challenging time for all of us, but we will continue to make decisions guided by our core values to support our global community.
Supporting customers and patients
We continue to find new and creative ways to support the frontline healthcare workers working tirelessly to address patient needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are working to mitigate potential risks to product supplies so that we can continue to meet the needs of customers and patients.
- We’ve moved our customer service operations to remote working in each country within the region, with no disruption to the quality of service. For customer services and technical support contact details in EMEA, please see here.
- We are in continuous dialogue with our freight partners and have options in place to switch routes or providers should a problem arise on any of our main routes.
- Our teams continue to find solutions to provide in-person customer support for critical patient procedures and time-sensitive patient needs, in accordance with guidance from local health authorities and following the protocols of each institute.
- We are also leveraging technology to provide virtual training, education and technical support to customers when possible.
At Boston Scientific, we are taking our responsibility to help flatten the curve of infection spread seriously.
- We have implemented remote and flexible work arrangements wherever possible.
- For employees who remain onsite to ensure our medical devices can be available to healthcare providers, safety precautions are in place to maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- We have made Employee assistance resources available to support physical, mental and financial health, and we will continue to find ways to best support our global workforce.
- We are proud to support our many employees in the region who have volunteered to help in their local communities, including those who are trained healthcare providers choosing to volunteer at the front line.
To help meet the urgent needs of healthcare providers, we have contributed more than €11M to aid COVID-19 relief efforts globally through monetary and supply donations, and by providing engineering and manufacturing expertise and resources.
- The Boston Scientific Foundation Europe has provided relief to front line non-profits to support hospitals in Italy, Spain, Poland, France, Switzerland, Portugal, and The Netherlands.
- Boston Scientific in EMEA has joined hands with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies: all donations by employees will be matched up to $500 per donation by Boston Scientific and utilised for COVID-19 relief activities in EMEA countries. Find out more about the vital work of the IFRCRCS here.
- We are supporting numerous local community efforts throughout the EMEA region, from making facemasks and other PPE equipment to offering our engineering expertise and incubation facilities to design ventilator prototypes.
This is a particularly challenging time for vulnerable patient populations, including those with chronic conditions who depend upon access to healthcare services, medicines and medical technologies. We are grateful for the extraordinary efforts of care providers and clinical teams, who are making sure they are supported during this challenging time.
It will take time for countries and local communities to manage through and fully recover from the wide-ranging impact of this complex situation. Boston Scientific has a dedicated and determined team committed to supporting our core stakeholders in the current environment so that we can emerge from this challenging time stronger, together.
Click here and see how Boston Scientific is responding globally to the COVID-19 Pandemic.