LifeBeat Online is a website created to help people with cardiac devices live full, active lives. It provides cardiac news, health tips, an email newsletter and more.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association is an organization focused solely on sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and aims to prevent loss of life from SCA.
The American Heart Association provides information on their web site about cardiovascular disease, related research results, tips on how to recognize warning signs of heart attack and stroke, tools to help you live a healthier lifestyle, and much more.
The Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc., (ABC) is a nonprofit organization with an international membership of 2,500 health professionals, lay members of the community (Community Health Advocates), corporate members, and institutional members. The ABC is dedicated to eliminating the disparities related to cardiovascular disease in all people of color.
WomenHeart is a national organization dedicated to promoting women’s heart health through advocacy, community education and patient support.
Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power women have to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and partner organizations are sponsoring a national campaign called The Heart Truth in order to make women more aware of the danger of heart disease.
Heart Health Center is part of YourTotalHealth, a service of NBC and iVillage. It provides information on cardiovascular conditions and diet information, tools, quizzes and self tests, and communities that discuss heart health topics.
Resources on Disparities in Health Care
- Journal of the ACC: Coalition to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in cardiovascular disease outcomes
- CDC Health Disparities and Inequities Report for 2011
- US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, National Center for Health Statistics; 2009: National Vital Statistics Report
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Putting Women's Health Care Disparities On The Map: Examining Racial and Ethnic Disparities at the State Level (2009)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): News and Numbers
- Department of Health & Human Services' (HHS) Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): 2010 National Healthcare Quality Report and National Healthcare Disparities Report/a> Health Care for Minority Women: Recent Findings (AHRQ)