Os principais achados desses estudos concluíram que:
1. Deuschl G, Schade-Brittinger C et al. A Randomized Trial of Deep-Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease. N Engl J Med 2006;355:896-908.
2. Tir M, Exhaustive, one-year follow-up of subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation in a large, single-center cohort of Parkinson’s patients, Neurosurgery 61:297–305, 2007.
3. Fraix V, Houeto JL, Lagrange C et al. Clinical and economic results of bilateral subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson’s disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2006;77:443–449.
4. Lafaucheur JP, Gurruchaga JM, Pollin B et al. Outcome of Bilateral Subthalamic Nucleus Stimulation in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease: Correlation with Intra-Operative Multi-Unit Recordings but Not with the Type of Anaesthesia. Eur Neurol 2008;60:186–199.
5. Follett KA, Weaver FM, Stern M et al. Pallidal versus Subthalamic Deep-Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease. N Engl J Med 2010;362:2077-91.
6. Rodriguez-Oroz MC, Bilateral deep brain stimulation in Parkinson’s disease: a multicentre study with 4 years follow-up, Brain (2005), 128, 2240–2249.
7. Gervais-Bernard H, Xie-Brustolin J, Mertens P et al, Bilateral subthalamic nucleus stimulation in advanced Parkinson’s disease: Five year follow-up. J Neurol (2009) 256:225–233.
8. Moro E, Lozano A, Pollak P et al. Long-Term Results of a Multicenter Study on Subthalamic and Pallidal Stimulation in Parkinson’s Disease. Movement Disorders