Water Vapor Therapy
Powered by convective water vapor energy, the Rezūm System delivers targeted, controlled doses of the stored thermal energy in water vapor directly to the region of the prostate gland with the obstructive tissue causing the lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Each 9-second treatment uses 0.42ml of heated sterile water vapor which rapidly and uniformly disperses through the tissue interstices. The condensation of water vapor releases stored thermal energy. Cell membranes are denatured, thereby causing immediate cell death, the vasculature is closed, and there is denervation of the alpha-adrenergic nerves within the treatment zone providing you with an efficient, uniform, predictable treatment.
Over time, this ablated tissue is reabsorbed by the body’s natural healing response, reducing the volume of tissue allowing the urethra to open relieving LUTS.
The Rezūm procedure provides the following benefits to men suffering from BPH:
- Alternative to BPH medications1
- Studies support Rezūm relieves symptoms safely and effectively2
- Noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks2
- Simple in-office/out-patient therapy2
- Does not require general anesthesia2
- Preserves erectile and urinary functions2
- Ability to return to regular activities within a few days2*
- Considered medically necessary by Medicare and covered by most private insurance3