Close the Gap
Close the Gap is a Boston Scientific health equity program dedicated to eliminating treatment disparities in pulmonary and gastrointestinal diseases, such as pancreatic cancer. The Close the Gap team is committed to driving education about pancreatic cancer and the importance of research to establish protocols and one day, find a cure.
Boston Scientific employees have raised more than $100,000 over the last few years for pancreatic cancer research through Close the Gap activities, such as “No Shave November” and various fundraising events. Every year, Boston Scientific employees volunteer and participate in various pancreatic cancer research walks, hosted by The Lustgarten Foundation. Employees have participated in walks in Denver, CO, Naperville, IL, Long Island, NY, and Boston, MA.
- National Pancreas Foundation. www.pancreasfoundation.org
- Web MD. http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/digestive-diseases-pancreatic-cancer
- The Lustgarten Foundation. www.lustgarten.org
- MD Andersen Cancer Center.http://www.mdanderson.org/patient-and-cancer-information/cancer-information/cancer-types/pancreatic-cancer/diagnosis/index.html.
- American Cancer Society:http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreaticcancer/detailedguide/pancreatic-cancer-treating-surgery ;http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreaticcancer/detailedguide/pancreatic-cancer-treating-chemotherapy
Closing the Gap in Pancreatic Cancer
Boston Scientific Close the Gap spearheaded numerous activities throughout 2014 to help raise awareness about pancreatic cancer. They also raised more than $42,000 last year alone to support pancreatic cancer research.
Close the Gap
Learn more about Close the Gap.Download fact sheet