Setting Up Your Communicator with the LATITUDE Wireless Internet Adapter
It’s important to set up your Communicator right away so it can send information collected from your implanted device to your healthcare team. Just follow the steps below to set up your Communicator with a wireless internet connection using the Wireless Internet Adapter.
Wireless Internet Adapter
To set up your Communicator using an internet connection, you can use the LATITUDE Wireless Internet Adapter. There is a one-time charge for the LATITUDE Wireless Internet Adapter unless your clinic has made other arrangements.
Contact LATITUDE Patient Services at (866) 484-3268 for details.
Where to Place Your Communicator
- Within 100 feet (30 meters) of the wireless internet adapter. Avoid physical obstructions between the Communicator and wireless internet adapter whenever possible.
- Near an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- Close to where you sleep or near your bedside, within 10 feet (3 meters). If this isn’t possible, place your Communicator where you spend a considerable amount of time each day.
- Where you can sit comfortably and see the front of the Communicator.
- Where the Communicator and all its cables and accessories will be kept dry and not be exposed to humidity or potential water contact.
Be sure to stay close to the Communicator while completing the steps below to ensure the best connection between your implanted device and the Communicator.
1. Insert the power cord (included) into the jack as shown below and plug the cord into an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- The LATITUDE indicator will flash yellow for up to one minute.
- All the Communicator indicators will light for approximately one second.
- If the LATITUDE indicator is not lit, check that both ends of the power cord are plugged in firmly. Check if the light on the power cord is lit.
2. Disconnect all USB devices and phone cords, if any, from the back of the Communicator. Then insert the LATITUDE USB Accessory Adapter into one of the USB ports on the Communicator.
Note: If your Communicator is already using a LATITUDE USB Accessory Adapter for the weight scale or blood pressure monitor, it can remain connected and will also be used for the Internet (LATITUDE Wireless Adapter) connection. Only one LATITUDE USB Accessory Adapter is required.
Complete the following steps to connect the LATITUDE Wireless Internet Adapter.
3. Insert the micro end of the USB power cable, included with the wireless internet adapter, into the port on the back labeled “USB.”
4. Insert the standard (narrow) end of the USB power cable into the USB power adapter, included with the wireless internet adapter.
5. Plug the USB power adapter into an electrical outlet. The power light on the front of the wireless internet adapter will light solid green. (This may take up to 30 seconds.)
For the following steps, make sure you use the Ethernet cable provided with the wireless internet adapter and not the telephone cord provided with the Communicator.
6. Insert the Ethernet cable, included with the wireless internet adapter, into the port on the back of the wireless internet adapter labeled “ETHERNET.”
7. Plug the Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port for your Internet service, such as a modem, router, or Ethernet wall jack.
8. To begin pairing, press the button on the back of the wireless internet adapter. The indicator on front will flash green to signal pairing mode is active.
9. When the Heart button flashes, press it.
- If you have previously completed initial setup, the Heart button will not flash at this point. Instead, press and hold the status button on the back of the Communicator for at least three seconds to complete pairing. If pairing is successful, you will see solid green Sending Waves and a blue doctor icon; the Collecting Waves will not be lit.
10. Your Communicator’s wave lights will flash green in sequence and repeat for several minutes.
11. Your Communicator has successfully connected to the LATITUDE system if the wave lights are lit a solid green as shown below. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.
- If this process takes longer than several minutes, software download and installation may be occurring.
- Refer to “Software Download and Installation” on page 35 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
- If the wave lights are not lit a solid green, refer to “Troubleshooting” on page 46 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
Resources and Support
We're Here to Help
Our LATITUDE Patient Services team is happy to help answer all your questions about using your LATITUDE system.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central