Setting Up Your Communicator with the LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter
It’s important to set up your Communicator right away so it can send information collected from your implanted device to your healthcare team. Just follow the steps below to set up your Communicator using a cellular data network connection.
USB Cellular Adapter
To set up your Communicator using a cellular data network, you will need the LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter. There is a one-time charge for the LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter unless your clinic has made other arrangements.
Contact LATITUDE Patient Services at (866) 484-3268 for details.
Note: The LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter does not use your personal cell phone.
Where to Place Your Communicator
- In a location where you get a good cell signal.
- Near an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- Close to where you sleep or near your bedside, within 10 feet (3 meters). If this isn’t possible, place your Communicator where you spend a considerable amount of time each day.
- Where you can sit comfortably and see the front of the Communicator.
- Where the Communicator and all its cables and accessories will be kept dry and not be exposed to humidity or potential water contact.
Where to Place Your USB Cellular Adapter
- Away from other electronic products or metal surfaces.
- Alongside the Communicator and not under or on top of it.
Important: Be sure to maintain a distance of at least 6 inches (15 cm) between the USB Cellular Adapter and your implanted device.
Be sure to stay close to the Communicator while completing the steps below to ensure the best connection between your implanted device and the Communicator.
1. Insert the power cord (included) into the jack as shown below and plug the cord into an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- The LATITUDE indicator will flash yellow for up to one minute.
- All the Communicator indicators will light for approximately one second.
- If the LATITUDE indicator is not lit, check that both ends of the power cord are plugged in firmly. Check if the light on the power cord is lit.
2. Insert the USB connector of the USB Cellular Adapter into one of the USB ports as shown below. The power indicator on the top of the Cellular Adapter is lit if properly connected. It will remain lit except during a LATITUDE system reboot.
3. When the Heart button flashes, press it.
4. Your Communicator’s wave lights will flash green in sequence and repeat for several minutes. If you have previously completed initial setup, the Heart button will not flash at this point.
5. Your Communicator has successfully connected to the LATITUDE system if the wave lights are lit a solid green as shown below. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.
- If this process takes longer than several minutes, software download and installation may be occurring.
- Refer to “Software Download and Installation” on page 35 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
- If the wave lights are not lit a solid green, refer to “Troubleshooting” on page 46 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
Resources and Support
We're Here to Help
Our LATITUDE Patient Services team is happy to help answer all your questions about using your LATITUDE system.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central