Boston Scientific provides a series of educational programs for physicians in the use of Spinal Cord Stimulation technology.
Visit the SCS Learning Institute website to explore courses, access on-demand educational resources, or submit a training request.
The following physician courses are offered by the SCS Learning Institute:
Didactic programs on a variety of topics related to SCS therapy and BSN's SCS technology.
- In depth presentation and discussion on SCS technology, focusing on fundamental differences between systems
- Study of available clinical data and its implication on device selection
- Case studies pertaining to clinical outcomes
- Optional topics include procedural best practice and avoiding complications
Program Availability: Any day of week, up to 3 hours
Observational preceptorships include both didactic and observational components in a peer-to-peer setting.
- Didactic emphasis on SCS technology differences, clinical experience of educator with Precision Spectra™, case studies, mitigating complications
- Practical observation of office protocol, including patient selection and management
- Observation of live Precision Spectra cases
SCS Practical Workshop
A one-day anatomical workshop with didactic and hands-on cadaveric training. Attendees will have the opportunity to spend the day with experienced Faculty learning the basics of SCS therapy and applying this education in the lab.
- Indications / Patient Selection
- Procedural Overview
- Technology Overview
- Anatomy / Fluoroscopy
- Needle Placement
- Lead Driving
- Pocket / Tunneling
- Suturing/Wound Care
- Avoiding Complications
This program is designed to facilitate on label discussions on advanced topics related to SCS and BSN’s product portfolio between faculty and attendees. The program consists of a series of small group breakouts during which didactic presentations are accompanied by patient case studies. The program is designed for experienced SCS implanters.
Program Availability: Saturdays
Valencia Education Visit (VEV)
Program held at BSN Headquarters where attendees meet with senior leaders, discuss technology, product portfolio, health economics, and clinical research.
Program Availability: Fridays
An opportunity for a physician to discuss specific questions related to scheduled SCS cases, including questions regarding surgical techniques, lead placement, and successful patient outcomes.
Program Availability: Any day of week, for up to one hour.