Remote Active Monitoring in Patients with Heart Failure (RAPID-RF)
Status: Completed in 2008
RAPID-RF is the first study to characterize use of the LATITUDE® Remote Monitoring system in a clinical setting.
- Patients were enrolled on the LATITUDE Patient Management system and followed quarterly to a common closing date. Closure was achieved upon receipt of 50 unique arrhythmia-related alerts and 50 unique weight alerts.
- 863 patients completed device implant
- Male and female patients
- Over 18 years of age
- Disease state at the time of enrollment met indications for CRT-D therapy
- 68 sites across the U.S.
- Using the LATITUDE Patient Management system, RAPID-RF was designed to provide insight in the following areas:
- Does remotely following patients with CRT-D devices impact HF management and outcomes?
- Do physicians respond to managed network data?
- RAPID-RF is the first study to characterize use of the LATITUDE Remote Monitoring system in a clinical setting