Criteria and Guidelines
Funding of grants is limited, and submission of an application (even one that meets our stated criteria) does not guarantee that a grant will be made to your organization. The Boston Scientific Foundation receives hundreds of applications for grant support, not all of which can be funded.
Our health-related grants aim to improve the health of those with significant unmet needs by enhancing access and quality of care, and supporting disease prevention and awareness efforts. The Foundation has a particular interest in proposals that would fund diagnostic, prevention and treatment services for Noncommunicable Diseases (NCDs). All submissions must address the needs of underserved populations in the geographies listed below.
Our focus is to improve educational opportunities and academic development for those who are economically disadvantaged or otherwise at risk of not achieving their full potential. The Foundation has a particular interest in proposals which provide exposure and increased knowledge in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) among K-12 students. All submissions must target the needs of underserved populations in the geographies listed below.
In order to apply for a grant, your organization must be:
- A health- or education-related 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization
- Focused on individuals or communities with significant unmet needs, such as those who are economically disadvantaged
- Located within approximately 30 miles of one of the following geographic areas:
- Spencer Indiana
- Boston, Marlborough or Quincy, Massachusetts
- Twin Cities, Minnesota
- Fremont, San Jose or Valencia, California
The Boston Scientific Foundation does not support:
- Requests for event-based fundraising, sponsorships
- Capital campaigns
- General operating requests
- Continuing medical education requests or medical research requests
- Political campaigns to support and/or oppose candidates for public office
- Evangelizing activities of religious organizations
Note: To qualify for a Boston Scientific Foundation grant, you must also certify that your organization does not discriminate in who you serve or who you hire on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity. You also must certify that your organization does not advocate, support, or practice activities that discriminate with regard to any of the aforementioned protected classes.